Putting Eco into Environment from Toronto Painters
Here’s a little article about my friend George Z of Toronto Painters.
Adding to theÂ discussion of the environmental policies of Ecopainting Inc, Â the following are some of the current policies ofÂ our Toronto Painting Company
Office – Administration
- Print only the proposals and related documents needed for jobs in progress. â€œPendingâ€,
â€openâ€ or â€œnot awardedâ€ proposals and estimates will remain digital files.
- We only receive computer faxing. As a result we have eliminated all junk faxes. We just print what is needed or worth printing.
- E-mail communication is not printed unless a hard copy is needed.
- E-mail communication is preferred and promoted with all our vendors, clients and employees.
- Computers and electronic equipment will be turned off when not being used.
- Company documents and manuals will remain digital until a hard copy is needed.
- There will be no flyers, door hangers, postcards, printed newsletters, or any other mass distributed junk mail used by our company.
- Our lawn signs will be re-usable and only used on the jobsites of the projects we are working on. They will be picked-up at the end of the project to be used at the next project.
- Internet and website marketing will be our main source of new business.
- Referral and repeat business will remain an important source of work.
- Networking with like-minded green businesses and individuals will be pursued inside and outside of the renovation or construction field.
- Glossy sales brochures, fancy literature and any â€œleave behindâ€ tool will not be used. Instead the human interaction will be emphasized. We are there to help.
- Necessary paperwork, such as take-off sheets, insurance documentation etc, will be used wisely.
- Sales personnel will suggest and explain the benefits of using eco friendly coatings.
- Sometimes the most eco-friendly paint job is no paint job at all. If certain areas or rooms are in good condition the question to be asked is: â€œdoes it really need painting?â€ ForÂ Â Â Â Â Â example, doors and trim, ceilings and even closets donâ€™t have to be done with every paint job.
- The use of dark and bright colours should not be encouraged to the customer as they contain more VOC and possibly require multiple coats of paint. Paints with waterbourneÂ Â Â Â colourants suggested.
- Detailed proposals and quotes should never be mailed or dropped-off.Â They should be e-mailed as pdf documents.